Clinical Officer Job
Prestige Health Care seeks to recruit a Clinical Officer who will be based in the Nairobi clinic.
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality clinical services including (Taking/reviewing the patient’s history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment and prescription of treatment) to patients.
- Order investigation and interpretation of results for diagnosis and explain the results to the patients and the intended treatment.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
- Refer patients for senior review or to other departments for further investigation such as laboratory and x-ray.
- Attend to emergencies presenting to the clinic and recommend referrals for cases that cannot be managed.
- Ensure that all required observations and vitals, prescribed treatment and procedures are carried out and documented in the system.
- Flexibility to pick on night shifts.
- Create phenomenal patient experiences, including counseling and sensitizing patients through health talks on preventive and promotive health.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, and regulations which are consistent with organization procedures and MOH guidelines.
- Participate in outreaches/medical camps or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
- Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
- Prepare the weekly reports and attend weekly clinic meetings.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job training and skills building.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Registered with Clinical Officers Council and have a valid practicing license
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience post-internship.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Outstanding patient interaction/customer care skills are a MUST.
- A Result-oriented team player
- Demonstrable leadership, Organization and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a big team.
Clinical Officers are encouraged to apply. All applicants should fill in the cover letter space and within it include the expected Salary. Applicants should then attach a CV, certificates and relevant testimonials us one pdf document. INTERVIEWS WILL BE DONE ON A ROLLING BASIS and failure to avail oneself will result in automatic disqualification.