Amazing Health Benefits of Walking Daily You Need to Know
The human body is made to walk. Thirty minutes a day has a huge impact on our health. Walking 30 minutes a day cuts the rate of people becoming diabetic by more than half and it cuts the risk of people over 60 becoming diabetic by almost 70 percent. This is not all, as the benefits of walking daily are countless.
Positive Effects of Walking on Body
Walking cuts the risk of stroke by more than 25 percent.
It reduces hypertension. The body has over 100,000 miles of blood vessels. Those blood vessels are more supple and healthier when we walk.
Besides, it cuts the risk of cancer as well as diabetes and stroke.
Also, women who walk have a 20 percent lower likelihood of getting breast cancer and a 31 percent lower risk of getting colon cancer. Surprisingly, women, with breast cancer, can reduce their recurrence rate and their mortality rate by over 50 percent if they walk regularly.
The human body works better when we walk. The body resists diseases better when we walk, and the body heals faster when we walk.
More Health Benefits of Walking Daily
Reduce Men Health Issues
Men who walk thirty minutes a day have a significantly lower level of prostate cancer. Also, men who walk regularly have a 60 percent lower risk of colon cancer.
For men with prostate cancer, studies have shown that walkers have a 46 percent lower mortality rate. In one study, people who walked and took medication scored twice as well in 30 days as the women who only took the medication.
Another study showed that depressed people who walked regularly had a significantly higher level of not being depressed in a year compared to depressed people who did not walk. The body generates endorphins when we walk.
Influences Heart and other Systems
Walking strengthens the heart and bones as well. Also, regular walking improves the circulatory system.
It generates positive neuro-chemicals. Healthy eating is important but dieting can trigger negative neurochemicals and can be hard to do. Walking generates positive neuro-chemicals. People look forward to walking and enjoy it.
And research shows that fit beats fat for many people. Half an hour of walking a day has health benefits that exceed the benefits of losing 20 pounds.
When we walk every day, our bodies are healthier and stronger. A single 30-minute walk can reduce blood pressure by five points for over 20 hours.
Walking reduces the risk of blood clots in your legs.
People who walk regularly have a much lower risk of deep vein thrombosis.
People who walk are less likely to catch colds, and when people get colds, walkers have a 46 percent shorter symptom time from their colds.
Walking Helps to Save from Various health issues
- Walking improves the health of our blood, as well. It is a good boost of high-density cholesterol and people with high levels of HDL are less likely to have heart attacks and stroke.
- It significantly diminishes the risk of hip fracture and the need for gallstone surgery is 20 to 31 percent lower for walkers.
- Walking is the right thing to do. The best news is that the 30 minutes doesn’t have to be done in one lump of time. Two 15-minute walks achieve the same goals. Else, three 10-minute walks achieve most of those goals.
- We can walk for 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night and achieve our goals.
Walking feels good. It helps the body heal. It keeps the body healthy. Walking improves our biological health, our physical health, our psychosocial health, and helps with our emotional health. Walking can literally add year’s entire years to our life.
It’s good to walk. Keep Walking….. Just to check this out……Be good to yourself. Be good to your body. ALL ACUPRESSURE POINTS ARE IN THE SOLE OF YOUR FEET …..
The Organs of your body have their sensory touches at the bottom of your foot, if you massage these points you will find relief from aches and pains as you can see the heart is on the left foot.
Typically they are shown as points and arrows to show which organ it connects to.
It is indeed correct since the nerves connected to these organs terminate here. It has been covered in great detail in Acupressure studies or textbooks.
God created our body so well that he thought of even this. He made us walk so that we will always be pressing these pressure points and thus keeping these organs activated at all times.
So, keep reaping the benefits of walking daily…
( Above information and image has been received in the mail for sharing)
Tips for Funfilled Walking Daily
- Wear the right outfit that is tracksuit and walking shoes to set the mood right.
- Not interested in going alone, then go with a friend or a family member.
- Taking your furry pal out for a walk is so much fun, plan a walk with him twice a day.
- Moms with babies need not hesitate, just take your baby in a stroller out for a brisk walk.
- Discover walking community around you and schedule your walks with them.
- Install a pedometer/ step counter and check the number of steps you walk daily. Set a tough milestone for yourself!
- Listening to music while walking also fights boredom and creates interest.
- Why not pick a different route for the walk, so you may explore new places while walking!!
- Nature walks are so calming, choose a park to go for a walk.
- You may try walking at different times of the day and see what works for you.
With so many benefits of walking daily, why stay at home? Wear your shoes and go out now!