Indian High Protein Diet Plan For Weight Loss ( Low Carb High Protein Diet)
Indian High Protein Diet Plan For Weight Loss. Low Carb High Protein Diet for weight loss. If you want to lose fat weight and at the same time gain muscles, a High protein diet plan is what you need to follow. Read on to know about Indian High Protein Diet Plan For Weight Loss ( Low Carb High Protein Diet).
Functions of Proteins in the body:
Proteins are the building blocks of the body. They are required for
- Repair and maintenance: Protein is the major part of your muscles, bones, skin, and hair. These need continuous repair and maintenance.
- Hormones: Chemical messenger is basically protein molecules. These proteins not only act as a messenger for all hormonal activities, but also for other bodily functions.
- Enzymes: Most enzymes are proteins. The metabolic activity in the body takes place in presence of these enzymes.
- Transportation and storage: Some proteins help deliver important molecules where they’re needed.
Benefits of High Protein Diet Plan For Weight Loss ( Low Carb High Protein Diet)
- Increase muscle mass: Studies have shown a higher protein intake can increase muscle size as well as strength in combination with resistance training.
- Reduce muscle loss during aging: Aging is directly correlated with muscle loss. Daily good quality protein intake reduces this age-related muscle loss.
- Strengthen bones: Higher protein intake promotes bone health. High protein along with adequate calcium and vitamin D not only helps to strengthen the bones but also reduces the risk of fractures and bone injury.
- Improve wound healing: Proteins are building blocks of the body. It also helps wound healing in the body. Proteins enhance wound healing related to surgery or injury.
What are Amino Acids?
Protein is made up of smaller units known as amino acids. Out of the 22 amino acids, 9 are considered “essential’. They are essential because the body cannot produce them. These amino acids must be eaten through protein-rich foods in the diet. Other amino acids can be made in the body itself with a sufficient and continuous supply of good quality protein.
RDA of Proteins
The daily requirement of protein is 0.8 – 1 gram per kg body weight. But there are studies ( R1 and R2 ) that show a high protein diet helps in losing weight and has other health benefits. (Read – Everything you need to know about Protein)
Types of proteins in Diet:
- First-class proteins: These are complete proteins. They contain all amino acids required by the body. All variety of animal proteins is first class proteins. For example, poultry and eggs, fish, milk, and milk products.
- Second class proteins: These are the sources that lack either 1 or more amino acids. All vegetable proteins are second-class proteins. For example, dals, pulses, cereals, millets, soy, nuts, as well as oilseeds. (Read – Sources of Protein supplements).
Either include at least 1 – 2 first-class proteins in your meal. Or in absence of first-class protein, combine two or more second-class proteins in the right combination.
Indian High Protein Diet Plan For Weight Loss ( Low Carb High Protein Diet)
High Protein Diets and weight loss:
There are studies that support the theory of high protein intake associated with the effective outcome on your appetite, metabolic rate, weight, and body composition.
Proteins control appetite and fullness of stomach:
Researchers suggest eating a high protein diet suppresses the hunger pangs post meals. It also reduces the appetite in the following meal. Proteins release the hormone ghrelin that signals the brain to reduce hunger pangs. It keeps the stomach full for a longer period of time and gives a sense of fullness post meals. This indirectly leads to less food intake and less calorie intake. Less caloric intake thus leads to weight loss as it takes the body into a negative energy balance.
Protein and metabolic rate:
High-protein foods take extra efforts to digest, metabolize, and get absorbed. This causes the body to burn more calories in just digesting the proteins. More the proteins more are the calories burnt. Studies show it increases the metabolic rate by 20 – 35 %. ( Read – How to increase metabolic rate )
Proteins for weight loss and improving body composition:
Several studies indicate that increasing protein intake promotes weight and fat loss. The protein metabolism breaks down fat for fuel. This indirectly leads to fat loss in the body. Also with high protein intake, the relative carbohydrate intake reduces. Fewer carbs in the diet mean less circulating sugar as well as less fat deposition. Protein might not play a direct role in fat loss, however, it surely helps burn fat and lead to inch loss.
A high Protein diet plan leads to fat loss, however, they don’t lead to muscle loss. It rather helps gain muscle mass. With increased muscle mass, the metabolic rate will remain high for a longer period of time. This will also prevent metabolic slow down which can be caused by reduced caloric intake.
Key Points for High Protein Diet for Weight Loss:
- Calculate protein needs: The protein has to be accurate according to your body weight and requirement. For the exact amount, you can multiply your weight with 0.8 – 1 gram protein as per the requirement. For this, you need help from a certified expert.
- Include both animal and plant proteins in your diet: Eating both first class and second class protein in the diet is a must. It gives your body the opportunity to utilize each and every kind of amino acid available in foods.
- Choose high-quality protein sources: Select 50 % of protein calories from the good source or the first-class proteins. The remaining 50 % should come from vegetable protein.
- Consume well-balanced meals: Balance your high-protein foods with vegetables and fruits. A high protein diet may lack fiber. Thus, fruits and vegetables will provide the daily recommendation of fiber. This will help avoid bloating, flatulence and constipation.
Indian High Protein Diet Plan For Weight Loss (Sample Diet)
Early morning: 1 cup warm water with 1 teaspoon soaked methi seeds (soaked overnight)
Breakfast: 1 cup tea (no sugar) or coffee (no sugar) + 2 – 3 Idlis with 1 cup Sambar or 1 small Egg whites’ Omelette (2 Egg whites to be used)
Lunch: 1 Cup Vegetable Salad + 2 Mix flour Chapati + 1 Cup Vegetable + 1 Cup Dal/ Pulse + 1 Cup Curd/ 100 gms Chicken/ 100 gms Fish/ 2 Egg whites
Mid-afternoon: 1 Glass thin buttermilk
Evening: 1 Cup Green tea + 1 cup sprouts or ½ cup Tossed / Grilled Paneer cubes OR roasted channa or soybeans.
Dinner: 1 Cup Vegetable or Chicken Soup + soya chaap / 100 gms paneer cubes and vegetables salad
Bedtime: Soaked Nuts and Dried fruits (4 Almonds + 1 Apricot + 1 Fig)
You may be interested in reading :
Related ebooks with 1 monthly menu for weight loss
1] Atkins (1-month high protein diet plan) Ebook
Atkins diet plan for weight loss ebook is a comprehensive guide for 1 full month diet chart to lose 8 – 10 kgs of weight. Atkins diet is a High Protein, High Fiber, Moderately high Fat, and a low carb diet that supports fat loss just like the keto diet. The Atkins diet comprises 4 phases. (Read more about this ebook)
2] Low Carb Diet Plan for Weight Loss (1-month full menu) Ebook:
This book will guide you through a detailed 4 weeks menu of low-carb diet plans. Each week is accompanied by a detailed exchange list of ingredients that you would be needing in the exact amount. And a consolidated shopping list for each week. This will simplify your life. we have mentioned options for vegetarians and non-vegetarians for each day. ( Read more about the ebook )
The ability of proteins to suppress hunger, increase satiety post meals and enhance metabolic rate helps weight loss. Maintenance of muscle mass helps in losing weight and improving body composition. A well-balanced and well-planned meal is the key to guaranteed weight loss.