Quick And Easy Healthy Meals For Your Family
Can’t be bothered to cook dinner? We all get days like that. But don’t pick up the phone and order takeaway, there are some really quick and easy meals to make.
In fact, our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has a HEAP of recipes that take less than 20 minutes!
Here are some handy top tips on how to make quick and easy meals for your family…
10 quick and easy meals you can make when you’re feeling too exhausted to cook
If dinner time is approaching and the last thing you feel like doing is preparing, chopping and cooking an entire meal from scratch.
1. Veggie packed frittata
This is so quick and easy! You can use up any veggies you have leftover and throw together a quick salad as well.
You can increase the quantities and store leftovers in the freezer to defrost and reheat when you need a healthy meal in a hurry. With an addition of side salad, this would make a delicious meal.
2. Lasagne soup
Here is an amazing, tasty soup which packs in all the flavours of a lasagne.
You can make it on stovetop or it’s also super easy in the slow cooker too.
3. Simple veggie stir fry
I love this dish! It’s quick and super easy to just throw together. It also means that I have a veggie loaded meal on the table for all the family in about 10 minutes. Winning!
You can find this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
4. Beetroot salad
This beetroot salad is a nutrient dense recipe loaded with healthy fats and fibre to keep you feeling full as well as helping your body with its natural cleansing processes.
5. 2 ingredient homemade pizza
If you can’t be bothered having the dinnertime argument with the kids, then this recipe is a good one. The kids can choose their own toppings and everyone is happy!
You can find this recipe here.
6. Toast with smashed avocado
It doesn’t get any quicker and easier than smashed avo and eggs on toast! It’s like having brekky for dinner!
Pre-boil eggs ahead of time and store in the fridge to use in recipes like this but to also have on hand for an easy, healthy snack. If avocados are expensive in your local area, replace them with slices of tomato.
You can also find this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
7. Healthy vegetable wraps
Let the kids pick their fillings, wrap them up and you’re good to go.
These wraps are a great one to make on a regular basis and are perfect for little people and adults – they are also packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals, and are easy to make in a hurry.
This recipe is available for Challenge members and can be found on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
8. 15 minute mushroom omelette rolls
9. Lentil and Haloumi Salad
10. Beef San Choy Bow
If you have stomach fat to lose then you have come to the right place! This weight loss recipe for beef san choy bow will become a family favourite as it’s super tasty but also can help shift tummy fat as well as keeping you nice and full when you are following a weight loss plan.
Here are some top tips to help make mealtimes quicker
Meal prepping is a great tool if you want to save time, money and like to eat healthily. However, some weeks you will find you are lacking in energy and time to do a full meal prep for that week.
These are the weeks when you need to prep on a whim some easy, quick but healthy meals. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be difficult or take a long time.
- Pre make rice and pasta and store in bags in your freezer
- Pre-cut veggies and store in fridge or freezer
- Pick one pot meals
- Add frozen veggies to your meal
Hot tips for a quick prep:
- Customise! Keep it simple and think about your schedule when planning! Fridays are cruisy for us so we have time to whip something up on the night!
- Double dinner as lunch the next day!
- Make extra whenever you can and add it to the freezer stash. That way some weeks you can do a lot less prep and rely on what’s in the freezer!!
- Make use of leftovers. Weekends are unpredictable. It’s important to be prepared to stay on track. As I rarely cook meals ahead of time for the weekend I use the search function in the App to whip up things with leftovers, have simple toasted sandwiches or my trusty smoothies! This saves time AND money while also ensuring no food waste!