“I’ve exceeded my own expectations!” says mum who lost nearly 8kg in just 12 weeks!
MJ Byrne has lost 7.6kg & 43cm while taking part in the 12 Week Challenge!
The Victorian-based mum-of-two has been following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge since 2018.
“I haven’t committed to it for a long stretch of time before, just a meal here and there, so the 12 Week Challenge is the first time I’ve followed the Healthy Mummy consistently,” she says.
WOW! This mum has lost nearly 8kg in 12 weeks
In fact, MJ reveals she would fall off the wagon and take weeks to get back on again.
“It was a never ending cycle of self sabotage,” she admits. “I decided to join the 12 Week Challenge because I was the heaviest I’ve ever been – and I felt it! I couldn’t fit into many of my clothes and I knew I really needed to do something about my health.”
Her pledge was to commit for the whole 12 weeks, as a major test of willpower, self control and changing her mindset.
“I’ve exceeded my own expectations,” she says. “I have more energy. My skin looks so much better, I look younger. My physical strength has improved too.”
“It helped me to set SMART goals. I measured my progress using “goal clothes”. I started my goals off small. One at a time and built on them over time.
“I made exercise a priority, and I made a Instagram page for the 12 week challenge so I had a visual food diary each day, and kept myself accountable.”
What a typical a day looks like for MJ
Snack: Weet-Bix balls/Choc Peanut Butter crumble balls
Lunch: Premium Banana Sundae Smoothie
Snack: Crackers and Hummus/ Carrot cake slice/ Sticky Date pudding
MJ’s top tips for other mums
1. Keep a VISUAL food diary, and delegate someone or some platform (like I’ve done with an Instagram account) that can keep you accountable. I have found this SO helpful with seeing what I’m putting in my mouth and when I see minimal changes for the week, I can see exactly where I may have over indulged or maybe not eaten enough.
2. Remember that this is your own personal journey! Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. Your biggest competition is your reflection in the mirror!
3. PLAN! PLAN! PLAN! We often fail because we don’t have a plan. Weekly planning has definitely kept me on track!
Join us on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.